It’s been almost half a year since my heart has been out and about beating in the chest of my little one. There is no sentence that sums the feeling of being a mother. Especially of an infant. I do hope in good time (read when the boy is married) I will be ready to finally let him go to a young lass, but till then he’s all mine! (and the husband’s ofcourse 😅)
Pouring all my energy and attention on my little one I do have a few observations to make on motherhood. From a tiger mom to a chill mom, from a happy loaner to super protective I have oscillated many a scale to the pride of some and much to the chagrin of others. Definitely wiser here is a piece of my mind.
1. Your happiness is in your pocket. And you’d better keep it that way.
2. Better safe than sorry. There is nothing called over-prepared.
3. Respect is not negotiated. It is earned.
4. You cannot please everybody. Including yourself all the time.
5. There is such a thing as sticking your ground. And emerging victorious.
6. Honesty is the best policy. Even if the truth kills you.
7. Follow your intuition. Especially as a mother for your child.