Of all the built structures in the world, there are a few favorites. This post is to do with all those that make it in my list.
10. The British Museum – The Genius of Foster.
9. The Sydney Opera House – The first building that I opted to write an essay on. The sails are intriguing, and the location is terrific.
8. The Empire State Building – No skyscraper can match the utter elegance of this one. The Chrysler comes close though.
7. St Peters Basilica – At the St Peters Basilica, under Michelango’s genius one tends to believe in God. In saints, in all else. Rose windows or not.
6. The Colosseum – When one sees the picture of this stadia as it was when built, one will not believe. It looks better when weathered. Just like a scar on a person supposedly adds character.
5. The Taj Mahal – The monument of love, of beauty, of everything that is India. The inscriptions, the inlay work and the wondrous squinches. Wah Taj, really.
4. The Louvre – This is I.M.Pei’s brilliance in flesh and blood. One can spend days, years lost in the Louvre. Not just in the art, but in the Louvre.
3. The Reichstag – The glass structure atop the Reichstag is what amazes. Genius. Simply.
2. The Eiffel Tower – So intricate yet so strong. And the best part? Provides that Oh! so spectacular view of Paris.
1. The Pantheon – Architectural brilliance in my opinion. The occulus, the dome. Simple geometry of a circle, square and triangle merged in accordance with the golden ratio.
P.s the list was quite hard to compile as its not exhaustive. Still room for the leaning tower of Pisa, the Guggenheim Museum, the Tate Modern, the Falling waters, the Wall-house, the Rashtrapathi Bhavan, the Angkor Wat, Machchu Pichchu, the art-science museum and lots more.